Monday, January 06, 2020
- The Kindness Club will be having a PJ day for all K-12 students/staff on Wednesday, Feb. 5. It will cost $1.00 to wear pjs and students will pay their first period teachers (or homeroom teachers for elementary). **For 6-12 students, if students do not pay and wear pjs OR wear leggings without a shirt/hoodie covering their booty, students will be dress coded. Teachers will write those students names on the money envelope and I will bring those names to Mr. Vogt to be dress coded. I will have Alexis Hicks collect all money envelopes Feb. 5 during 2nd period (8:35am). Our HS PJ day went fantastic without ANY dress codes! All money raised on Feb. 5 will be donated to the Potts family, who recently lost a beloved family member.
- Beginning Monday, students that ride the bus and would like to purchase breakfast will be allowed to get off the bus at 7:30. Students will be expected to go straight to the cafeteria to get their breakfast and should finish their food before heading to class.
- Please help with a food drive to benefit the Attica food bank. The first collection is at the girls game tonight.
- FCCLA will be collecting personal hygiene products all next week, like deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste... for the USS Truman. The Truman is out on deployment close to Iran. They are going to be on deployment longer than they thought and have no way of stocking up on these supplies. You can drop the supplies off at Mrs. McGathey's room 308
- Just a final reminder that anyone who would like a Kindness Club shirt, money and order forms are due this Friday, Jan. 24. Any orders after Friday will not be processed. Shirts are $10 and can be turned into room 417. Shirts ship out in Feb., so hopefully we get them by the end of next month. Everyone will be notified when the shirts come in.
- Thanks for everyone's help collecting money for Australia. The high school raised $150.00 to donate to WIRES, Australia's largest animal rescue organization.
- The cafeteria will open a new breakfast line called the "Tiger Den Cafe." It will sell iced and hot lattes to staff and high school students for $2.00. The flavors available are vanilla and caramel. The Tiger Den Cafe will also offer a hot breakfast sandwich of the day, which will be available for grades 6-12.
- Seneca East is presenting its fourth seminar of the year featuring Special Agent Susan Baker from the Ohio State Police Investigative Unit.She will be sharing her own experiences "walking the beat" with such issues as human trafficking, Internet Predators, and Internet Safety.The seminar will be held Wednesday, January 29th, and the sign-up sheet will be distributed in your email this coming Monday.
- Middle School Students: Join Sara Rochester for a Mystery Build Challenge today during 5B activity period. Sign up in the library. Limit 25.
- Wristbands for Sale: Jennie Berrier is the Seneca East Music Booster President, an SE alumna and the parent of 2 SE students. She has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. The Music Boosters are selling blue wristbands to show their support & to help with expenses for her ongoing treatment and battle with this illness. These wristbands are $4 each. Anyone wishing to purchase one can see Mrs. Willman-Leber at school, or get one at Smitty's Pizza Place in Attica, or contact a Music Booster officer. Thank you for your support! (picture attached)
- HS Student Council will be hosting our 2nd blood drive on February 7th. The time slots available for the drive are 9-1:45. If you are interested in making an appointment, please email or see Miss Turek.